[Word] [PDF]

May 16th
Tri Kappa Fine Arts Festival:
Thursday evening 7:00 to 9:00
f

April 2013
Ron Mazellan
Illustrator

"Ron Mazellan is a mind blowing illustrator from Fort Wayne. Drawing amazing illustration is his passion and he has been doing this for 20 years. His previous work enriched such books as the New York Times Bestseller, The Longest Season, by Cal Ripken Jr., Philomel Books, and The Harmonica, Charlesbridge, Finding Daddy, Turtle Books and There Come Soldier, Handprint Publishing, to name a few. "
  March 2, 2013. Saturday 10 - 4:00
Tri-Kappa Elementary Art Exhibit

bonnie-stahlecker

March 2013
"The Art of the Book: The Work of Stahlecker and Swartzentruber"

Bonnie Stahlecker

Artist Books
Stahlecker lectures and conducts workshops throughout the United States. In 1995 and 2000, she was invited by the Flemish government to be an artist-in-residence at the Frans Masereel Centrum in Belgium. She has also attended residencies at the Banff Centre, Albion College and Auvillar Cultural Exchange Program in France. Her work is in numerous public and private collections and has been exhibited in international and national exhibitions, including Beyond Words at the Washington Street Gallery in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The artwork is showcased in many publications; the most recent being Masters: Book Arts, edited by Eileen Wallace and published by Lark Press, 2011.

Don Swartzentruber
Awarded a grant from the Indiana Arts Commission and the National Endowment for the Arts, this is a rather playful exploration of portraiture, masks and the grotesque.

ricky-swafford

January and February 2013
Ricky Swafford
Outsider Artist

“This unique exhibit will display the expressions of Claypool resident Ricky Swafford. He is deaf, mute, and unable to walk. Because Swafford has no formal art training his compulsive desire to create takes on a strong outsider sensitivity. Thus, his work is typically along the lines of painted model cars or copying greeting cards. One of the most fascinating things viewers will experience is Swafford’s interest in repeat the same image many times. When viewed together they have profound effect.”-DS

a

December 2012
Chad Hartwig
Sculpture & Ceramics

Concurrent Assistant Professor/Technician at University of Notre Dame, and faculty instructor/glaze technician at South Bend Museum of Art

v

November 2012
Celeste Cooning
[Alumni]
Cut Paper

A pervading interest in pattern and ornamentation led me to explore the medium of cut paper. Working with cut paper facilitates a particular responsiveness to materiality, shape, light, and physical space. These pieces demand a particular fluidity and attention to detail, which cannot be accomplished in haste. The hand-cut nature is an important aspect of the work, necessitating mindfulness within the process. For me, this way of making permits breath amidst the rigors of daily life. Ideally, the work exudes this same breath when experienced. These ideas are an extension of my philosophical beliefs regarding humanity, modern culture, and the eternal need for the human spirit to work.
drew-etienne

Oct 2012:
Drew Etienne
[Alumni]
Contemporary Artist

As our species ever more rapidly transforms, we have become hyper-aware of ourselves while our awareness of the world around us has become stunted. We are distracted by the ever-present micro-realities of the digital frontier and the seductive ancient promise of a spiritual post-reality, and thus we continue to lose touch with the fundamentals of living in a physical universe. We neglect our health, we neglect each other, we neglect our only home in the pursuit of a foundationless self-edification. My paintings, at times surreal, at times abstract, are expressions of a disquieting present and bleak futures in the self-directed epic saga
of the human race.

Education //// 2009 Indiana University BFA in Painting
Awards & Publications: 2012 City of Bloomington Public Art Commission 2011 Studio Visit Magazine, Issue 16 2011 Gawker Artists Curator's Pick 2009 CANVAS Creative Arts Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 2 2009 Harry Engle Painting Scholarship 2008 Indiana University Drawing & Painting Area Award

a

nate-click
Sept 2012
Nate Click
[Alumni]
Illustrator, Calligrapher, Tattoo

kelly-morrow August to Sept 7, 2012
Kelly Morrow
[Faculty]
Painter & Photographer

"Portraying the Amish"
"In the summer of 2011 I underwent a Lilly funded grant titled, Portraying the Amish, that enabled me to work as an artist in Kalona, Iowa. I spent my days on Amish farms getting to know the people and the farm life. The experience was captured in a series of drawings, watercolor paintings, and photographs."-KM

s