f
2006-2010  
c

Alli Wray (Faberge Eggs)
“Fabergé: A Northern Indiana Group Exhibition”
f
Andrew Tomasik (Ceramic/Sculpture)
Audrey Felger & Back Creek Pottery

“I have always been a persistent maker of things. Whether it’s mud-pies, a watercolor, or loaf of fresh bread, there is something at once basic and profound about creating by hand.  A piece that is handmade has been dreamed up, coddled into reality, touched, and loved before anyone else sees it. To me, this imbues it with a warmth and humanity that is sadly lacking in much of our modern factory-made existence. My purpose is to infuse a bit of that lost warmth into everyday life by creating everyday pottery, meant to be well-used and well-loved. Thanks for looking!” -Audrey [PDF Article]

f
Dannielle Robertson (Film Industry Work)

Warsaw High School Performing Art Center welcomes artist Dannielle Robertson. She will exhibit items produced for feature films. Come see artifacts from Stewart Little, Spiderman 2, Water World, Red Sonja, Jurassic Park, and more.

darcy
Darcy Harville (Sculpture)

Originally from Warsaw, Darcy Harville moved to Anderson in 2005 to attend the art program at Anderson University. Four years later she Graduated with a BA in Fine Arts Studio Major. Now living in Noblesville, she is working towards teaching art classes to Autistic children.

Artist Statement:
The forms that I create are based around the psychology of self. I communicate a narrative story about my past by using the Psychological and Somatic approach. As a Sculptor I am able to use the third dimension to converse an idea in the round to the viewer.Every work of art that I create is my self portrait, I use the connection between the memories that existed in my past, presently today, and the discoveries that I will find in the future to discover more about myself. With unspoken words, I create and atmosphere that will capture my core being that I see in myself as important and is not easily seen by others.
Dr. Ellen K. Rudolph  states “ Remember that self is illusive at best; not all parts of self can be reflected in a single moment but rather over time in flowing movement.”  In my art, each set creates a circular rotation displaying the gradual changes that my life’s path has taken, from heavy frustration and curiosity to peaceful beauty and tranquility. I take specific symbolic objects and use them as a focus to understand that this has been something in my life that has become important to utilize in my art work. I build figures, mouths and exaggerated rear-ends to display the things that I have struggled with in my life time, for discovery and understanding.

g

Erika Duncan (Photography)

These pieces were created for my senior exhibit at Indiana Wesleyan University. When brainstorming ideas for my exhibit, the topic of dinosaurs came up in a conversation among friends. This topic reminded me of the creativity kids have. The objective of my series is to highlight their vivid imaginations, by using my own creative abilities and skills as a photographer.  I asked kids of different ages to write stories of something they have imagined.  The images I have created are based off their stories.To capture the images used in "A Flood In Math", I simply used a $7.00 underwater camera from Wal-Mart. I scanned the developed negatives and used Adobe Photoshop to adjust the colors.  I used a Nikon D700 when capturing all the images for "Popcorn" and "Pinball".  Again I used Photoshop to adjust colors and to create the photo with the face in the pinball.-Erika Duncan

g
Jeff Ciula (Printmaking)

The prints on this site are reduction woodcuts or single colored woodcuts. Reduction woodcuts are carved using a gouge from a single wood block and then are hand printed on paper starting with the lightest color working towards the darkest. The wood is cut away between each color to reveal more details of the object or landscape with each printing. My reduction woodcuts have between three to six colors. Since each block is printed three to six times by hand, editions are final and few in numbers.
I received my Bachelors in Fine Arts in 2004 from Ball State University in Muncie, IN, with a major in Fine Arts with an emphasis on painting and a minor in art history. I studied painting under the late Nina Marshall and printmaking under David Johnson. During these years I developed a passion for woodcut prints and I now concentrate my work on this medium. Many genres have been explored in my work over the past several years including portraiture, landscape, and still life. I enjoy working through and solving problems that are inherent in each genre as they are translated to woodcut prints.
john hawkins
John Hawkins (Photography)

John Eric Hawkins is a photographic artist exploring the apparent, underlying,and interconnecting forms in nature, our bodies, and our psyches. Educated in the use of photographic processes while living in Santa Cruz, California, John developed a serious aptitude for the visual expression of what is seen and felt. Religiously applying both the use of the large camera, and the controls of printing in the darkroom, he has devoted the past 30 years to the creation of images that project the form and emotion of the world around and within us. Recently John Eric has been working on a series of multi-medium images that incorporate the use of pastels, found objects, photography, pigment inks and archival paper. Regarded as a master printer, his work is included in both private and corporate collections world-wide.

d
Karen Klimpert (Drawings)

"Klimpert paints in acrylics and oils. Works in this Alumni Series exhibition are almost all new paintings, not shown on campus before. Most were painted in the last two years. Some of her fanciful works on display through Nov. 28 are a combination of two and three dimensions. Particularly fascinated by the stage, her artwork has served as backdrop illustrations for Manchester Symphony Orchestra campus performances of Mussorgsky’s Night on Bald Mountain, Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf and Camille Saint-Saëns’ Danse Macabre. Klimpert, the daughter of artist Rudi Klimpert, has taught in Warsaw Community Schools for more than 20 years.  “Being with students, I often do pastel demonstrations with students and go home to do more,” she says. “Every medium inspires me ... I have ideas that come so fast that I can’t get them onto the canvas quickly enough.” (Pictured: Sunset 201, oil on canvas) Klimpert is a 1985 art education graduate of Manchester College. She studied at the American Academy of Art and has a master’s degree in education from Nova Southeastern University in Florida." -Manchester College

q
Luke Wright-Mudlove (Ceramics & Sculpture)

Luke Wright graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University with a degree in ceramics.  He’s passionate about serving God by helping people through mud  He personally knows members of ICDI and feels confident in giving 20% of all profit to new water well development in Africa through this organization.  His hope is that Mudlove will give you an opportunity to purchase a gift that will help people in need. 

luke wright
d
Mary Etienne (Arts & Crafts)

If you are one of those people who sometimes hears voices calling to you from the background of your life, then you may relate to why I work with watercolor. There is something about watercolor, that has always drawn me, even as a child. No other medium brings me to my knees as watercolor does, yet it tempts me, beckons to me, every day.

Perhaps those 27 years of teaching elementary art, rich in many ways, helped me hold on to my "wonderment". Even to this day, when I pick up the brush, back it comes, that flood of delight, the suspicion that someone else's hand may be working mine, or maybe my fingers have their own memory. So just like that first time, when my small eager hand mixed yellow-green and plopped it down next to "rusty brown", I still feel the magic today.

And so my journey follows wherever watercolor leads. Sometimes the voices hint of our searching souls, or our common, ancient history. I suspect that I will always be "finding my niche", (what does that even mean: corner; cranny; cubbyhole; cubicle?) Right now, all that matters to me is keeping my mind quiet so I can attend to those voices, catch those strains of 'story', and hear those whispers that may awaken that next idea. 'Finding a niche' sounds a little like you're not going anywhere. My intention is to keep moving. My path will take care of itself.

Sara Robbins (Paintings & Drawings)
t
Teressa Sharp (Paintings)

Wayne Harshberger (Sculpture)
Goshen, Indiana

“The challenge to carve and create abstract form, from hand edges to soft carves, your eye follows – wants to see what’s around the other side. It’s not what you do to the stone BUT what it does to you.”
- W. Hershberger

d